Last Week’s Record: 0-1-0-1, 1 point
Overall Record: 2-3-0-1, 0.417 Win Percentage, 6th in the Pacific Division
Last Week’s Results:
Oct. 30 – Stockton Heat 2 at San Diego 3 (Shootout)
Oct. 31 – Stockton Heat 2 at San Diego 3
This Week’s Schedule:
Fri. Nov. 6 – Stockton Heat vs. Bakersfield Condors – Stockton Arena (7:30 p.m.)
Sat. Nov. 7 – Stockton Heat vs. Ontario Reign – Stockton Arena (7:30 p.m.)
10/29 – Karri Ramo recalled from Stockton to Calgary
10/29 – Ryan Lomberg recalled by Stockton from Adirondack (ECHL)
10/29 – Kent Simpson recalled by Stockton from Adirondack (ECHL)
10/29 – Jakub Nakladal assigned to Stockton from Calgary
Goals: Derek Grant & Freddie Hamilton with 3
Assists: Kenny Agostino 4
Points: Kenny Agostino 4
PIMs: Emile Poirier with 12
Wins: Jon Gillies with 2
Losses: Jon Gillies with 3
GAA: Jon Gillies with 2.45
SV%: Jon Gillies with 0.916
Goals For: Week: 4 | Overall: 14
Goals Against: Week: 6 | Overall: 15
Power Play: 6-33 (18.2%), T-14th in AHL
Penalty Kill: 20-23 (87%), 8th in AHL
Records vs. Opponents
Pacific Division: San Antonio (0-1-0-0)
San Diego (0-1-0-1)
San Jose (0-1-0-0)
TOTALS vs. PACIFIC: (1-3-0-1)
Central Division: Rockford (1-0-0-0)
TOTALS vs. CENTRAL: (1-0-0-0)
Record Last Week: 1-2-1, 3 points
Record Overall: 3-8-1, .292 Win Percentage, 6th in Pacific Division
This Week’s Schedule:
Tue. Nov. 3 – Flames at Colorado (6:00 p.m. PST)
Thr. Nov. 5 – Flames vs. Philadelphia (6:00 p.m. PST)
Sat. Nov. 7 – Flames vs. Pittsburgh (7:00 p.m. PST)
News and Notes
- While Ryan Lomberg made his pro debut with the Adirondack Thunder of the ECHL on 10/16/15, the speedy forward made his American Hockey League debut with the Heat on 10/31/15 in a game against the San Diego Gulls.
- Last year the Adirondack Flames sent forwards Josh Jooris, Markus Granlund and Micheal Ferland up to Calgary during the month of October. This year, the Stockton Heat have seen Markus Granlund, Jakub Nakladal, Derek Grant and Karri Ramo to the big club in Calgary.
- Freddie Hamilton is 1 goal away from scoring his 50th goal in the AHL.
- Emile Poirier is just 1 points shy of 50 in his AHL career.
- Kenny Agostino is 3 points away from 50 in his AHL career.
- Colton Orr is 7 PIMS away from 600 in his AHL career. The forward has 1186 PIMS in the NHL.
- Bill Arnold is just 9 points shy of 50 career AHL points.
- Blair Riley is 10 games away from playing in 300 AHL games.
- Heat captain Aaron Johnson is just 12 points away from 200 career AHL points.
- In addition, Johnson is just 4 games shy of having played 700 combined NHL and AHL games.
- Garnet Hathaway is 15 games away from 100 career AHL games.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Austin Carroll scored his first pro goal on Halloween 2015 putting in his own rebound past San Diego Gulls goalie Matt Hackett.
- Ryan Lomberg made his AHL debut during that same game on 10/31/15. He was held scoreless with one shot.
Arnold Breaks the Drought
Bill Arnold’s goal on Friday in San Diego broke up a stretch where the Heat were only able to score via the special teams. In Texas it was a Freddie Hamilton power-play goal that won the game and in San Antonio it was another Hamilton power-play marker that happened to be the lone goal for the Heat.
Then in San Diego, the first game saw Bryce Van Brabant score shorthanded to knot the game up at the time before San Diego scored their second power-play goal of the night to retake the lead. Then, 15:57 into the final period, Arnold found some space in front of the net, deked around Matt Hackett and tied the game up while even in strength.
The even strength goal drought lasted 189:26 before Arnold made it a thing of the past.
Battle of Central California
Regardless of what you call it, the Stockton-Bakersfield rivalry heats up (no pun intended) for real this weekend as the Bakersfield Condors come to Stockton Arena to play the Heat for the first time this season.
No love lost between the Stockton and Bakersfield ECHL teams that have dueled each other for the last 10 years, but when you combine an already heated rivalry with the fact that the pair’s parent clubs happen to be huge NHL rivals, it could provide a very fun atmosphere, and highly contested game for the bragging rights of Central California.
Not only that but both of these teams will be meeting up outdoors in a little over a month when the teams take to the ice at Raley Field in West Sacramento on December 18.
The teams play three of their 12 meetings against each other this month (two in Stockton and one at Rabobank Arena).
Tough Game vs. Ontario Coming Up
It’s not just Bako that is coming to town this week to battle the Heat, it’s the Ontario Reign who lost in regulation for the first time on Sunday to San Jose.
The Reign, who are coming off of a Calder Cup championship while they were the Manchester Monarchs, have played 8 games to this point this season and have won five of them. Backstopping them has been longtime NHL’er Peter Budaj, who leads the league among goalies who have played over 5 games in goals-against-average (1.54).
However the team lost two in overtime to San Antonio this week along with that regulation loss to San Jose.
Hot Pink 1 this Weekend
This weekend is the first “pink” weekend for the team in the newly branded Hot Pink 1 presented by Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Medical Center. The event which sees the ice dyed pink and the Heat wear special pink jerseys, is more than just a hockey game as the proceeds from the event are donated to St. Joseph’s Foundation – Breast Health Services to help the men and women impacted by the disease here in the Central Valley.