On Thursday, January 28, the Calgary Flames and Stockton Heat announced that, due to complications of cross-border travel caused by COVID-19, the Flames’ AHL affiliate would move operations to Calgary for the 2021 season. Below is helpful information for Heat365 Members.
If you have questions beyond what is covered, please email your inquiry, including your name, contact information and account details, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are the Heat in Calgary to stay?
Today’s announcement is strictly for the 2020-21 season. No decisions have been made regarding 2021-22 and beyond, however, we have enjoyed mutual positive conversations with the city of Stockton regarding the future of Heat hockey to remain in Stockton, and look forward to continuing those discussions. Unfortunately, the continued unpredictability of regulations imposed by COVID-19 has required a mutual pause in lease negotiations, and as more information about the future becomes available, discussions around the lease in Stockton can be resumed. For the 2021 season, the Heat will continue being named the Stockton Heat, as well as continuing to wear Stockton Heat jerseys.
What happens to my account now?
Heat365 Members who choose to keep already-paid funds in their account will receive the following benefits:
- All funds that have already been paid will be applied to 2021-22 tickets
- Member accounts will receive Heat Locker Team Store at a tiered structure, based on location of seats on the account. Credit will be given as follows (please note this credit is assigned per account, not per seat):
- Club VIP – $140
- Glass – $110
- Club – $93
- Lower Premium – $83
- Lower End Zone and Upper Premium – $64
- Club VIP – $140
- Complimentary AHLTV subscription for the 2021 season
- Access to exclusive, Heat365 Member Zoom town halls with Heat players, coaches and management
- Added into Members-only “Jerseys Off Our Backs” raffle to win signed, game-worn jerseys from the 2021 season
Members who wish to request a refund may do so by sending an email with your name, contact information and account details, to email@example.com.
Flex vouchers already purchased will be honored in the 2021-22 season.
Parking passes, both full season and vouchers, can be refunded via request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will we know about the 2021-22 season?
At this time, we cannot pinpoint a deadline as to when we will know our plans for the 2021-22 season. What we can promise, though, is that as soon as we know, you will know.
We hope you found the above information helpful and apologize for the delay in communication as we worked through what was a difficult decision both in terms of where our team would be located and how we could best serve our Members.
Thank you again for your continued support of the Heat, and if there is anything we can further help with please let us know at email@example.com.