The Heat’s Hockey Week Across America (HHWAA) is an annual event of USA Hockey in its 12th year, aimed at celebrating the sport of hockey throughout America, and to provide opportunities for those who haven’t played hockey to try the sport and has been extended for an entire week from February 17 through February 24, 2019!
-Heat will offer one (1) free ticket to kids in youth hockey jerseys at the Stockton Arena Box Office. Offer valid for both 2/17 and 2/24
- Parents/Friends can purchase tickets at box office or by calling 209-373-1500, and they are also eligible to receive free tickets by wearing hockey jerseys to the box office!
- Wear jerseys to school/work on Friday, February 22
- Enjoy free hockey with youth jersey on February 17 and February 24
- Recognize three members of the NorCal Hockey community during on ice pre-game ceremony
- Player, Coach, Administrator/Volunteer
Both Sunday games will feature opportunities for all fans as well as specific experiences for hockey teams.
Hockey Teams: Bring out your youth team for the night.
- Stand on the ice during the national anthem next to a Heat player
- Watch warm ups from the bench
- Skate on the ice during intermission
All Fans: Enjoy hockey with special experiences
- Fans will have access to a postgame autograph session on 2/17 after the game
- Fans can partake in broom ball on the ice before the game on 2/24
Fans can skate with players in a postgame skate on 2/24 directly after the game
Last year was the Heat’s first official celebration of Hockey Weekend Across America, where we celebrated “Wear Your Jersey Day” by wearing jerseys to the office and encouraging fans to wear their jerseys to school, work, or around town and even gave away a Heat Jersey to Karen Ellington for tweeting a picture of her and her husband at the beach wearing their Heat sweaters!
After Jersey Day, we celebrate “Try Hockey Day” where over 25 participants had the chance to play broomball at Stockton Arena to learn the game by trying a version of it! Plus, the Heat supported local rinks like Oak Park Ice Arena, the Official Practice Facility of the Stockton Heat, among others who offered first-time boys and girls, 10-years-old and younger a chance to get on the rink in full hockey equipment and try the sport for FREE! Fans can sign up for the program by visiting tryhockey4free.org.
Finally, Hockey Weekend Across America 2018 ended with “Celebrate Local Hockey Heroes Day”, where a local hockey coach, hockey player and hockey manager were honored for their contributions to the local hockey community. Through nominations received, the Heat honored Stockton Colts Mite Head Coach John Huh, Tri-Valley Blue Devils Team Manager Majorie Jolicoeur and Stockton Fighting Squirrel Michael Hayes, who were all nominated based on their passion for the sport and their contributions to the local hockey community.
In addition, the community honored Heat defenseman Cody Goloubef, who shared with the crowd his bronze medal that he won as a part of Team Canada during the 2017 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang!
The Heat are looking forward to the first ever Hockey Week Across America in 2019 and looking forward to spreading the love about hockey and celebrating the great contributors to our game!