The Stockton Heat are in the business of offering exciting professional hockey at an affordable price, providing players and staff an opportunity to develop and mature while giving back to our community, We work everyday to bring people together and provide fun, family entertainment, creating lasting memories. It’s who we are.
The Stockton Heat is seeking a Promotional Team Member for the 2019-20 season. This is a seasonal, part-time opportunity for you to expand your knowledge in a professional sports setting while networking with others in a similar field. Promotional Team Members assist current employees with essential parts in game day activities of the Game Operations Department on Stockton Heat home games, This position is primarily offered to enrolled students, but can also be offered to recent graduates looking for experience in the Game Operations field. Among other learning objectives, this position includes practical experience in the game operations and entertainment field. There will be educational training regarding event preparation and execution, customer service, industry best practices, and operational aspects of a professional sport organization. This is part-time, paid position, A successful completion of the position does not guarantee a subsequent full-time, paid employment opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in executing in-game promotions, including, but not limited to, Chuck-A-Patty, Chase Chevrolet Car Race, Smack Pie Pizza T-Shirt Toss, etc
- Assist in executing pre-game ceremonies, including, but not limited to, national anthem, “Hero of the Game,” color guard, big flag, ceremonial puck drop, etc.
- Assist in executing signature fundraising in-game events such as silent auctions, puck sales, and more
- Assist in the set-up and break-down of concourse/fan deck tables on game night
- Assist with managing Frankie’s Friends, Prize Wheel, Jersey of the Night, and Spirit Station table(s) on game nights, including basic money handling duties
- Assist in serving as in-game liaison between current employees and concourse tables on game nights
- Provide excellent customer service, including greeting fans as they enter and exit Stockton Arena, distributing giveaways, and answering questions for fans as needed
- Suit up as the Stockton Heat mascot for select appearances, if needed
- Assist other departments’ employees when requested by the Director, Game Operations or Manager, Sales & Marketing
- Must be able to work In a team environment, increase fan engagement
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Prior experience with handling money preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends (able to work around school schedule)
- Reliable source of transportation (Heat will not provide)
- All Stockton Heat home games (October through April and potentially playoffs)
- Starting wage is $12.00 per hour
- Free parking on day of game, up to four (4) free tickets per Heat home game, and Heat wearables
The Stockton Heat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email a resume to Shawn Lothman at email@example.com.