EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTIONS 2019-20
POSITION: SEASONAL GAME DAY HOST (EMCEE)
The Stockton Heat are in the business of offering exciting professional hockey at an affordable price, providing players and staff an opportunity to develop and mature while giving back to our community, We work everyday to bring people together and provide fun, family entertainment, creating lasting memories. It’s who we are.
The Stockton Heat is seeking a Seasonal In-Game Host for the 2019-20 season. This is a seasonal, part-time opportunity for you to expand your knowledge in a professional sports setting while networking with others in a similar field. Seasonal Game Day Hosts assist current employees with essential parts in game day activities of the Game Operations Department on Stockton Heat home games, This position is primarily offered to enrolled students, but can also be offered to recent graduates looking for experience in the Game Operations field. Among other learning objectives, this position includes practical experience in the game operations and entertainment field. There will be educational training regarding in-game promotion preparation and execution, customer service, industry best practices, and operational aspects of a professional sport organization. This is part-time, paid position; a successful completion of the position does not guarantee a subsequent full-time, paid employment opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in executing in-game promotions, including, but not limited to, Chuck-A-Patty, Chase Chevrolet Car Race, Smack Pie Pizza T-Shirt Toss, etc
- Ability to interact professionally with fans and staff
- Ability to memorize game day scripts and recite them on Heat home games
- Assist in the set-up and break-down of concourse/fan deck tables on game night
- Provide excellent customer service, including greeting fans as they enter and exit Stockton Arena, distributing giveaways, and answering questions for fans as needed
- Follow leads from Director, Game Operations and/or Manager, Sales & Marketing
- Must be able to work in a team environment, increase fan engagement
- On-camera experience preferred
- Experience hosting live events preferred
- Knowledge of ice hockey preferred
- Works well in pressure situations
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends (able to work around school schedule)
- Reliable source of transportation (Heat will not provide)
- All Stockton Heat home games (October through April and potentially playoffs)
- Email a resume to Director, Game Operations Joe Tichy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Stockton Heat is an Equal Opportunity Employer