STOCKTON, Calif. – The California Department of Public Health has announced updates to its ‘Mega Event (events of 1,000 or more attendees)’ COVID-19 safety policies.
The updated policy includes:
- Verification of fully vaccinated status or pre-entry negative test result is required of all attendees.
- Indoor venue and event operators may not use self-attestation as a mode of verification.
- All businesses and venue operators must check the identification of all attendees age 18 and over to validate their vaccination record or proof of negative test (effective December 1).
- Acceptable identification is any document that includes the name of the person and photograph.
- Information will be prominently placed on all communications, including the reservation and ticketing systems, to ensure guests are aware of testing and vaccination requirements (including acceptable modes of verification).
- Attendees must follow CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings.
- Venues should make masks available to attendees upon request.