SAN JOSE, Calif. – A career-best four-point outing from Dillon Dube helped Stockton build a 4-1 lead at Pacific Division foe San Jose, but a furious comeback effort led to a 5-4 shootout win for the Barracuda Sunday at the SAP Center. Dube lit the lamp twice in the first then registered a pair of helpers in the second on goals from Spencer Foo and Tyler Graovac, but San Jose claimed three unanswered in the final 9:49 of regulation then took the game in a shootout to steal the extra point in the divisional showdown. Foo, Juuso Valimaki and Graovac all registered two-point outings on the night to help the Heat earn a point on the road.
SCORING AND PENALTY SUMMARY
W: Josef Korenar (20 shots, 16 saves)
SOL: Jon Gillies (35 shots, 31 saves)
Three Stars: First – Fracis Perron (1g), Second – Dillon Dube (2g,2a), Third – Alexander True (1g,1a)
Final Shots: STK – 20, SJ – 36
Power Plays: STK – 1-5, SJ – 1-6
– Dillon Dube registered a career-best four points on the night, including his second two-goal effort of the season (last – Feb. 16.). Dube now has seven points (4g,3a) over the last three games.
– Dube extended the Heat’s shorthanded goal stretch to eight in eight games. Stockton now has an AHL-best 16 on the year.
– Juuso Valimaki claimed his second multi-point game of the season with a pair of assists.
– Spencer Foo recorded his eighth multi-point game of the season with a goal and an assist.
– Tyler Graovac wrapped up his 11th multi-point game of the season.
– Stockton is now 2-9-0-1 on the year against San Jose.
– The Heat are now 1-2 on the year in shootouts.
The Heat host Tucson in a pair of pivotal divisional matchups next weekend, Friday and Saturday at Stockton Arena.