LOVELAND, Colo. – Jakob Pelletier and Matthew Phillips each notched multi-point efforts as the Stockton Heat (35-11-4-1) fell on the road to the Colorado Eagles (30-17-4-3) by a 4-3 final score at the Budweiser Events Center.
The Heat took the lead in the first with Pelletier notching his team-leading 23rd goal of the season, and Luke Philp added on to the advantage with his marker 8:11 into the second.
Colorado responded with two consecutive scores of its own, Jean-Luc Foudy and Andreas Wingerli lighting the lamp in the second to push the game to the third frame tied at two a side.
Stockton once again gained the upper hand as Phillips scored 1:13 into the period, but a pair of goals from the Eagles over the final 15:01 of the final frame was the difference in the 4-3 decision.
- Stockton has lost consecutive games in regulation for the first time this season.
- The Heat are now 16-1-0-1 on the year when Jakob Pelletier scores.
- The game was the first time this season Stockton has lost in regulation when leading after a period, now 20-1-2-1.
- Stockton is now 1-2-0-0 at Colorado.
- The Heat are now 13-1-1-0 following losses this season.
- Stockton is now 25-2-1-0 on the year when scoring on the power play.
STK PP – 2-for-5
STK PK – 3-for-3
First – Shane Bowers (1g)
Second – Jean-Luc Foudy (1g)
Third – Andreas Wingerli (1g(
W – Justus Annunen (28 saves on 31 shots faced)
L – Dustin Wolf (38 saves on 42 shots faced)
The Heat will close their weekend set at Colorado Saturday, then have a Tuesday game at San Jose and return home to Stockton Arena for Latin Celebration Night on Friday, March 25 – a 6 p.m. puck drop.