STOCKTON, Calif. – Matthew Phillips and Glenn Gawdin each registered three points on the night and Luke Philp netted a pair of goals as the Stockton Heat overwhelmed Bakersfield by a 7-3 final Saturday night at Stockton Arena. The Heat jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period, scores from Philp and Buddy Robinson, the latter’s team-leading 11th of the campaign. The Condors countered with two before the horn, but a 3-1 split in the second period with Stockton goals from Philp, Justin Kirkland and Alan Quine provided the Heat with breathing room heading into the game’s final frame. Phillips and Gawdin then punctuated the win, lighting the lamp in the final frame to produce the 7-3 final. The win was the first victory for the home team in the season series between Stockton and Bakersfield, with the Heat owning a 4-1-0-1 lead on the year.
SCORING AND PENALTY SUMMARY
W: Artyom Zagidulin (39 shots, 36 saves)
L: Stuart Skinner (34 shots, 27 saves)
Three Stars: First – Matthew Philips (1g,2a), Second – Glenn Gawdin (1g,2a), Third – Artyom Zagidulin (36 svs)
Shots On Goal: STK – 34, BAK – 39
Power Plays: STK – 2-3, BAK – 1-5
– Luke Philp continued his torrid scoring streak, now with nine goals and three assists in the Heat’s last 10 games.
– Matthew Phillips extended his scoring streak to five games with nine points (4g,5a) in that span.
– Austin Czarnik recorded the first points of his conditioning stint with Stockton in his second game, claiming a pair of assists.
– Glenn Gawdin finished the game with three points (1g,2a), giving him a pair of multi-point efforts in Stockton’s last three games.
– The Heat totaled seven players with multiple points in the game.
– Eetu Tuulola continued his scoring streak since returning from injury, now at five games (1g,4a).
– The win was the first by the home team in the Stockton-Bakersfield season series.
The Heat hit the road for a pair of divisional games next week, at Ontario on Wednesday and at San Jose Saturday and will host the Barracuda on Sunday, December 15 in the club’s next home game.