STOCKTON, Calif. – Behind Alan Quine’s third hat trick of the season, the Stockton Heat completed a weekend sweep of the Colorado Eagles with a 6-3 win Sunday at Stockton Arena. Glenn Gawdin pitched in with three assists on the night while Tyler Graovac also contributed a pair of helpers of his own. Stockton got a boost from the penalty kill, which held the Eagles to 1-for-6 on the power play while getting two shorthanded goals on the night, one from Ryan Lomberg and one from Buddy Robinson. On the flip side, the Heat converted twice on the power play with a goal from Quine and one from Matthew Phillips. The game was the final meeting between Stockton and Colorado on the season, the Heat finishing 6-1-0-1 on the year against the Eagles.
SCORING AND PENALTY SUMMARY
W: Jon Gillies (34 shots, 31 goals)
L: Spencer Martin (33 shots, 27 goals)
Three Stars: First – Alan Quine (3g), Second – Glenn Gawdin (3a), Third – Tyler Graovac (2a)
Final Shots: STK – 33, COL – 34
Power Plays: STK – 2-9, COL – 1-6
– Alan Quine recorded his third hat trick of the season with a goal in each period, boosting his season total to 12 points against Colorado (3g,9a) in eight games. He now rides a five-game scoring streak with four goals and three assists in that time.
– Ryan Lomberg broke a 1-1 tie with a shorthanded goal early in the second, his second SHG and third point on the penalty kill this season.
– Quine’s second goal of the game, coming in the second period, gave him his fourth multi-goal game of the season. He has two hat tricks to accompany two two-goal outputs.
– Matthew Phillips snapped a streak of 13 games without a goal with his insurance marker to put the Heat ahead 4-2.
– Buddy Robinson’s shorthanded goal early in the third was his first SHG of the season, second point on the penalty kill on the year. Assists went to Dillon Dube and Josh Healey, first shorthanded point of the season for each.
– Glenn Gawdin finished the night with three assists, his fourth multi-point game of the year and first since Jan. 19, a three-point night at Texas.
– Tyler Graovac also registered two assists on the night, his 11th multi-point output of the year.
– The Heat finish the season series 6-1-0-1 against Colorado.
The Heat will hit the road for a Wednesday tilt at Ontario before returning to Stockton Arena on Sunday, Feb. 24 to play host to the San Jose Barracuda, a 5 p.m. puck drop.