BAKERSFIELD, Calif. – The Stockton Heat overcame a slow start, erasing an early 2-0 deficit 4:50 into the game en route to a dramatic 4-3 overtime win Thursday at Mechanics Bank Arena. Ryan Lomberg led the way with a pair of goals – bringing his season total to four points, all goals, in five games against the Condors. Alan Quine played hero in his first game back with Stockton since October 19, following a month-long stint with the Calgary Flames, finding the back of the net 1:16 into overtime to snag the extra point on the road, and Luke Philp maintained his hot hand with a goal and an assist in the divisional contest. The win allowed the Heat to continue their strong run of play against the AHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, now with at least a point in four-straight matchups and wins in three of those contests. Stockton’s road trip will continue with a Saturday meeting with the San Diego Gulls at Pechanga Arena.
SCORING AND PENALTY SUMMARY
W: Artyom Zagidulin (29 shots, 26 saves)
OTL: Stuart Skinner (27 shots, 23 saves)
Three Stars: First – Ryan Lomberg (2g), Second – Kirill Maksimov (1g,1a), Third – Alan Quine (1g,1a)
Shots On Goal: STK – 27, BAK – 29
Power Plays: STK – 1-7, BAK – 0-2
– Ryan Lomberg scored two goals in the contest, his second multi-goal effort of the season, drawing him to a tie with Buddy Robinson and Byron Froese for the team lead with eight goals on the season.
– Stockton is now 6-0 when Lomberg scores.
– Luke Philp recorded a goal and an assist, his second multi-point effort in the last four games. He has six points (4g,2a) in that span.
– The road team remains undefeated in the season series between Stockton and Bakersfield. The Heat have recorded at least a point in four-straight against their Pacific Division foe.
– Alan Quine recorded the game-winning goal in his first game back with the team since Oct. 19 against the Condors.
– Stockton is now 6-1-0-1 on the year in road games and 10-1-0-1
Stockton will continue its season-long five-game road swing with a Saturday showdown with San Diego. The Heat will return home on Wednesday, December 4 as they play host to the Ontario Reign.